MAYNARD, Mass., March 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acacia Communications (NASDAQ:ACIA), a leading provider of high-speed coherent optical interconnect products, today announced that its thought leaders will be presenting in conference panels and executive forums at the Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exhibition (OFC), taking place March 11th - March 15th, 2018 at the San Diego Convention Center.
Acacia Communications experts will be on hand at OFC to lead discussions and share knowledge regarding technology and innovation in optical communications. They will facilitate sessions covering topics such as coherent for shorter reach applications, 400G and beyond, and silicon integration. Acacia is also the sponsor of Theater III, which will host educational programs throughout the conference including Acacia’s session on Next Generation Coherent: Architectures and Technologies.
Sunday, March 11
- 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. - Markus Weber, senior director of product lifecycle management, will participate in a workshop on “DSP for Short Reach and Client Optics - What Makes Sense?”
- 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Benny Mikkelsen, founder and chief technology officer, will present a short course on “100 Gb/s and Beyond Transmission Systems, Design and Design Trade-offs.”
- 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Chris Doerr, associate vice president of integrated photonics, will present a short course on “Highly Integrated Monolithic Photonic Integrated Circuits.”
- 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. - Christian Rasmussen, founder and vice president of digital signal processing and optics, will be participating in a workshop titled “When Will We Need to Scale the Fiber Capacity? What is the Realistic Approach?”
- 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. - Hongbin Zhang, principal DSP designer, will participate in a workshop on “Field Trials: Is It Make or Break for Innovative Technologies.”
- 8:00 - 10:00 p.m. - BinBin Guan, optical engineer in silicon photonics, will host a Lab Automation Hackathon.
Monday, March 12
Tuesday, March 13
Wednesday, March 14
Thursday, March 15
- 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. - Christian Rasmussen to present an invited paper entitled “Power Efficient DSP and Optical Integration”
- 10:15 - 11:15 a.m. - Tom Williams will present in a show floor program in Theater II on “400G Coherent: What Does it Mean to You?”
Meet Acacia at OFC 2018
If you are interested in meeting with Acacia during the conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Acacia Communications
Acacia Communications develops, manufactures and sells high-speed coherent optical interconnect products that are designed to transform communications networks through improvements in performance, capacity and cost. By leveraging silicon technology to build optical interconnects, a process Acacia refers to as the “siliconization of optical interconnect,” Acacia is able to offer products at higher speeds and density with low power consumption, that meet the needs of cloud and service providers and can be easily integrated in a cost effective manner with existing network equipment. www.acacia-inc.com.
Office: (781) 966-4158
Investor Relations Contact:
Office: (212) 871-3927
Office: (212) 331-8417
Acacia Communications, Inc.